Monday, August 28, 2017

How to Be Organized When Blogging

Being organized, a concept that some people don’t seem to understand all of the time. I can not count the times I have been looking at blogs or post on lesser known media outlets where the post completely lacks organization. Sometimes down right messy.

In their book "The Art of Social Media," Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick give their readers a small but powerful lesson in Organization.

Kawasaki's key to organization is simple, he says that all you need to do to clean your post up is to shorten the selection using bullet points. Longer posts are less likely to be read due to a readers tendency to skip over vast quantities of text.

Kawasaki and Fitzpatrick are right. Reading large amounts of text in a post on a blog or online news source can turn off a reader. I much rather read something short and to the point. Bullet points are equally as strong in posts because it is easy to follow and looks clean.

Kawasaki says, "If I want to read a novel, I'll buy an e-book." I think everyone can agree with this statement. If we are going to invest in a long work of literature we rather it not be our daily news or post about how to gain muscle in just two short weeks.


1 comment:

  1. This helped me big time. Being organized is essential to having a good image of yourself throughout social media. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete